It’s hard not to fall in love with Rome. From its ancient history to the renaissance period, there are so many things to see, eat and do, it can be overwhelming.
Be a traveler, not a tourist and plan or stumble upon a mix of visiting the famous (yes, touristy) sites and living like a local to really appreciate the city’s history and immerse yourself in the beauty of the present.
Try a laid back, but romanticized approach to your visit with 10 Things To Do For The Ultimate Roman Holiday:
1. Find your favorite statue
2. Eat a gelato on the Spanish steps
3. Challenge a friend (or stranger) to a gladiator battle in the middle of the Colosseum
4. Order the perfect bowl of spaghetti for lunch
5. Acquire a watercolor painting and chat with local artists about their inspiration.
6. Sneak a photo of Michelangelo’s painting in the Sistine Chapel ceiling – without getting caught!
7. Roam the streets with no purpose other than enjoy life at the pace it’s meant to be lived
8. Imagine or attend a mass at the Vatican (regardless of your religion)
9. Watch the sunset over the Vatican from a bridge
10. Make a wish in the Fontaine de Trevi (mine came true!)
Hope you enjoy Roma and check of a few of these off your list! Ciao, bella!